Modern Telecommunications companies operate in a highly dynamic business environment. Rapid technological advancements constantly reduce the barriers to market entry, increasing competition. In addition, other internal and external factors have a significant influence on a Telecommunications provider’s ability to operate and compete. Some of the key factors contributing to this complexity are:
- Government legislation affecting performance (e.g. Customer Service Guarantee) and reporting requirements
- Growing focus on Occupational Health and Safety
- Fluctuating weather patterns causing significant faults and Mass Service Disruptions
- Complex infrastructure maintenance schedules competing with provisioning requests
- Multitudes of award and EBA contracts and conditions
- Frequent releases of new products and services
The above challenges make effective workforce management more important than ever. Properly implemented workforce management solutions can provide a multitude of benefits, typically falling into the following three categories:
- Increased Revenues and Profits through dynamic scheduling and optimisation, real-time mobility integration, optimal shift assignment, and better staff utilisation. This is particularly important when balancing revenue generating work (provisioning of new services) against cost incurring tasks (break-fix and preventative maintenance).
- Standardisation by streamlining workflows and processes to the maximum viable extent. This allows faster staff training and upskilling, ensures repeatability, and provided better management control.
- Visibility of demand fluctuations, capacity constraints, and operational performance in a timely, easy-to-use format.
WorkForce Delta has significant experience with recommending, implementing, and reviewing workforce management solutions in the Telco & Cable industry. Let WorkForce Delta be your difference in a successful workforce management solution!